Allgemeines über Metal- & Rockbands, Solokünstler und andere Projekte

Moderator: Chewie

Skullface
Alexander the Great
Alexander the Great

Re: Savatage

Beitrag von Skullface »

05.08.2014, 11:42 » Iron Wolf hat geschrieben:
Warte nur ab, bis du die Best Of ein paar mal gehört hast! Dann muss auch der Rest her ;-)
Am Anfang hab ich nur Disc 1 bis zum umfallen gehört und am Ende hat mir die Disc 2 sogar noch besser gefallen. Das Warten auf die damaligen Re-Releases wurde dadurch fast unerträglich :grin:
Chewie

Beitrag von Chewie »

Tilmann, wenn du diese Best of meinst

Bild

da fehlen unendlich viel essentielle Savatage Songs

Sirens und Dungeons wurden ja gar nicht berücksichtigt
Tillmann
Administrator
Administrator

Beitrag von Tillmann »

Ja... Die meine ich.

Vielleicht hast du mir die ka schonmal auf'n Rohling gebannt...? Muss ich mal schauen.
Bild
chemicalwedding
Phantom of the Opera
Phantom of the Opera

Beitrag von chemicalwedding »

Als Bonus ist da doch noch die Live-Japan DVD drin. Sicher keine Hammershow, aber immerhin SAVATAGE-live.
Tillmann
Administrator
Administrator

Beitrag von Tillmann »

Habe die ohne DVD. Ich komme kaum noch zum Live DVD's schauen, hoechstens mal beim Bier am WE mit den Jungs und dann wirds meistens Maiden, DIO oder Rush ;-)
Bild
chemicalwedding
Phantom of the Opera
Phantom of the Opera

Interessant, habe gar nicht gewusst dass es auch eine Version ohne DVD gibt. Habe die Version mit der DVD für um die 14 EURO gekauft.

Übrigens die neue Version der Streets hat auch eine DVD mit allen offiziellen Video-Clips drauf:
https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail ... um/2803307
chemicalwedding
Phantom of the Opera
Phantom of the Opera

Jon Oliva spielte kürzlich die komplette "Streets" live. Die Setlist ist schon göttlich!

Surrender
Of Rage and War
The Price You Pay
Mentally Yours (Intro)
Gutter Ballet
Streets
Jesus Saves
Tonight He Grins Again
Strange Reality
Heal My Soul
You're Alive
Sammy and Tex
St. Patrick's
Can You Hear Me Now
New York City Don't Mean Nothing
Ghost in the Ruins
If I Go Away
Agony and Ecstasy
Somewhere in Time
Believe
A Little Too Far
Hall of the Mountain King
Temptation Revelation
When the Crowds are Gone

Hier ein Ausschnitt. Er sollte sich dringend bessere Musiker suchen. Der Gitarrist spielt ab 2:00 ja furchtbar. Hätte den Song ein wenig besser üben sollen...
[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]

Und Jons Stimme wird auch immer schlimmer. Wenn er weiter so abbaut wird 2015 wahrscheinlich eher Zack Stevens am Mikro stehen.
Drifter
Trooper
Trooper

Beitrag von Drifter »

23.09.2014, 21:22 » chemicalwedding hat geschrieben:Der Gitarrist spielt ab 2:00 ja furchtbar. Hätte den Song ein wenig besser üben sollen...

Und Jons Stimme wird auch immer schlimmer. Wenn er weiter so abbaut wird 2015 wahrscheinlich eher Zack Stevens am Mikro stehen.
Ich habe den Gitarristen Bill Hudson bei einem Circle II Circle Warm Up Gig live erlebt. Der ist gut und hat die Savatage Songs echt drauf.

Zak wird dabei sein. ;-)
Skullface
Alexander the Great
Alexander the Great

Beitrag von Skullface »

Sehr schön das Zak dabei sein wird. Die Stimme von Jon bei "When The Crowds Are Gone" ist ja wirklich ziemlich schwach. Und vielleicht gibt's doch noch ein Album von Savatage :dearmod:
chemicalwedding
Phantom of the Opera
Phantom of the Opera

Wie schon vermutet, wird die SAVATAGE-Reunion in Wacken ein Teil der TSO-Show sein, also keine komplette SAVATAGE-Show. Hier eine Antwort von Jon Oliva in einem kürzlich geführten Interview.

You’re doing a reunion show at Wacken open air in Germany in 2015. Are there any plans to do any additional dates beyond that?

As far as that goes, the whole Wacken thing came up and I was like, you know what? If we’re going to do anything we have to do it now, I don’t want to do it when I’m 60 years old. I mentioned that to Paul, he said to me, “We’re going to do the Wacken thing, but let’s just wait until the Winter Tour is over and then you and me we’re going to sit down in January and discuss what we’re going to do.” We’ve already gotten offers to do it in certain areas of the world, America being one, Greece, South America, places like that. We have to see how we’re going to do this. It’s something that Paul and I honestly – and I’m telling you totally honestly – we just brushed over what we thought we might want to do and we said, with all the chaos of getting the Winter Tour out we said let’s just wait until after the tour is over and then we’ll figure this whole thing out. We know we’re going to start with “Gutter Ballet”, that’s all we agreed on (laughs). TSO is going to come out first for I think 40 or 50 minutes doing the big production numbers, then Paul is going to bring me out and we’re going to do the Savatage thing and we’re going to start with “Gutter Ballet” and that’s where we ended the conversation and said we’ll pick this up on January 10th and we’ll figure out what we’re going to do as far as other shows go and everything like that. As of right now Wacken is the only place, but I’m sure once everything works out and we see what happens, I wouldn’t rule out the possibility of there being a couple more on top of that. I think we’re going to do a press release in maybe February or March about what’s going on and stuff like that. I think it’s cool that we’re doing it. I’m very excited about it. I’ve been on this health kick now for the last six months, I’ve dropped a bunch of weight and I’m feeling a lot better, I’ve still got a ways to go, but it gives me something, I’m like, yeah I’m going to get in shape for this and knock people out.

Hier das ganze Interview mit Jon Oliva:
http://www.femmemetalwebzine.net/2014/1 ... orchestra/
MaidenMetallian
Ancient Mariner
Ancient Mariner

Beitrag von MaidenMetallian »

28.12.2014, 12:58 » chemicalwedding hat geschrieben:Wie schon vermutet, wird die SAVATAGE-Reunion in Wacken ein Teil der TSO-Show sein, also keine komplette SAVATAGE-Show. Hier eine Antwort von Jon Oliva in einem kürzlich geführten Interview.

You’re doing a reunion show at Wacken open air in Germany in 2015. Are there any plans to do any additional dates beyond that?

As far as that goes, the whole Wacken thing came up and I was like, you know what? If we’re going to do anything we have to do it now, I don’t want to do it when I’m 60 years old. I mentioned that to Paul, he said to me, “We’re going to do the Wacken thing, but let’s just wait until the Winter Tour is over and then you and me we’re going to sit down in January and discuss what we’re going to do.” We’ve already gotten offers to do it in certain areas of the world, America being one, Greece, South America, places like that. We have to see how we’re going to do this. It’s something that Paul and I honestly – and I’m telling you totally honestly – we just brushed over what we thought we might want to do and we said, with all the chaos of getting the Winter Tour out we said let’s just wait until after the tour is over and then we’ll figure this whole thing out. We know we’re going to start with “Gutter Ballet”, that’s all we agreed on (laughs). TSO is going to come out first for I think 40 or 50 minutes doing the big production numbers, then Paul is going to bring me out and we’re going to do the Savatage thing and we’re going to start with “Gutter Ballet” and that’s where we ended the conversation and said we’ll pick this up on January 10th and we’ll figure out what we’re going to do as far as other shows go and everything like that. As of right now Wacken is the only place, but I’m sure once everything works out and we see what happens, I wouldn’t rule out the possibility of there being a couple more on top of that. I think we’re going to do a press release in maybe February or March about what’s going on and stuff like that. I think it’s cool that we’re doing it. I’m very excited about it. I’ve been on this health kick now for the last six months, I’ve dropped a bunch of weight and I’m feeling a lot better, I’ve still got a ways to go, but it gives me something, I’m like, yeah I’m going to get in shape for this and knock people out.

Hier das ganze Interview mit Jon Oliva:
http://www.femmemetalwebzine.net/2014/1 ... orchestra/

...war doch klar wie Wodka, dass es nur sowas sein kann.
Tja, Pech für die, die sich was anderes erhofft haben.
Bild BildBild
VOLKSPARKSTADION!!!!!
maidenpriest
Clairvoyant
Clairvoyant

Beitrag von maidenpriest »

Aber für evtl. weitere Shows hört sich das ja nicht schlecht an... :D
eddie666
Alexander the Great
Alexander the Great

Beitrag von eddie666 »

Ich schreib`s mal in den Band Thread. Falls jemand noch eine überflüssige CD mehr braucht. Es sei denn, jemand hat gar nichts von der Band. Dann würd ich allerdings, die `Still the Orchestra Plays` Greatest Hits Volume 1 & 2 empfehlen.

Bild
VÖ: 19. Juni 2015

Tillmann
Administrator
Administrator

Beitrag von Tillmann »

Ja, das braucht wohl wirklich niemand ausser die harten Fans und Sammler....
Bild
MaidenMetallian
Ancient Mariner
Ancient Mariner

Beitrag von MaidenMetallian »

Braucht doch kein Schwein; zumal es eh kein "richtiger" SAVATAGE Gig wird
:wall:
Bild BildBild
VOLKSPARKSTADION!!!!!
Antworten